Caring for Your Brakes
Your brakes are the most important safety mechanism in your vehicle. It’s important that you take care of them well. Most of us know the signs of trouble when it comes to brakes, such as squeaking or having to press your pedal all the way down to stop. So, how can you properly care for your brakes to ensure that they function for a long time and keep you, your family, and other drivers safe on the road?
Simply put, you should check your brakes regularly to be sure that everything is in working order. You should not ignore any warning signs of brakes that need service. If you don’t feel comfortable evaluating the following, schedule service with Hubler Mazda for a brake inspection. We’ll make sure everything is functioning correctly.
Here are some things you should look out for:
- Worn brake pads: If you’re down to 1/8” of padding or less, it’s time to get new brake pads.
- Brake dust: You’ll find this on your front tires or around your car. If you don’t see it anymore, it’s a sign that you need to get your brakes serviced immediately.
- Shaking: If your car shakes or pulls to one side when you brake, you need to have your brakes inspected.
- Grooves in the rotor disc: This is a sign you need to have your rotor replaced. While all have lines, deep grooves are a problem.
- Screeching: If you hear a loud squeaking when you stop, don’t delay any longer. Schedule service with Hubler Mazda.
- Low brake fluid: Your brake fluid helps absorb heat and dispense it through the braking system. Low brake fluid should be remedied promptly.
Regular maintenance is essential for the proper operation of your Mazda. When you come to Hubler Mazda’s state-of-the-art facility, we’ll give you the best service experience possible and ensure that your brakes are ready for the road. Call 317-885-7379 with any questions about service for your car or SUV.